The 13th IEEE International Conference on RFID Technology and Applications (IEEE RFID-TA 2023) is seeking high-quality submissions for papers (from 2 to max 4 pages) on RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) and adjacent topics. IEEE RFID-TA 2023 is an opportunity to share, discuss, and witness research results in all areas of RFID technology and its applications. Participation of young researchers is strongly encouraged and supported via Young Researcher Grants (see http://2023.rfid-ta.org/ for details).
Topics of interest are, but are not limited to:
- Active tags
- Antenna design and characterization
- Artificial Intelligence for RFIDs
- Channel measurements and modelling
- Chipless RFID technology
- Circuit design and characterization for readers and tags
- Coding and modulation schemes
- Cybersecurity, cryptography and privacy-enhancing techniques
- Energy Harvesting and Wireless Power Transfer
- Green technologies for RFID
- Millimeter-wave identification and sensing
- MIMO, UWB and hybrid RFIDs
- Modelling, simulation and implementation of RFID-based systems
- Multi-reader coordination and interference reduction
- Near Field Communications
- Networking and communication concepts
- Next-generation RFID applications
- RF tomography and environmental sensing
- RFID-based infrastructures for Internet of Things
- RFID-enabled localization systems
- RFID applications in healthcare, wearable, precision agriculture, transportation, safety, security, inventory management, logistics, fashion, retail
- RFIDs for backscattering
- RFIDs in Digital Twins
- RFID for Industry 4.0 and for Smart Cities
- RFID manufacturing processes, 3D and inkjet printing
- RFID sensors
- RFID software, middleware and protocols
- Smart and programmable tags
All papers must be submitted in the IEEE standard two-column conference format of A4 size in English.
Papers must be TWO to FOUR pages in length, including all texts, references, figures and photographs.
Please do not include page numbers on submitted documents.
Failing to conform the standard format will result in rejection.
Detailed format information is available in Microsoft Word format.
The paper should consist of original and previously unpublished work, including specific results.
The introduction of the paper should clearly indicate the unique aspects of the submission and how it relates to previous work.
Paper template and guidelines for preparation can be found at the following link:
Draft paper submission
Prospective authors are invited to prepare their papers accordingly to the instructions above, and submit them for peer review, through the CMS system by May 1, 2023:
Camera-ready paper submission
Final camera-ready manuscript must be prepared according to the Comments by Reviewers and the instructions above and uploaded into the CMS system by June 15, 2023 together with the Copyright Form.
The final version will be checked by TPC Committee.
The final version of the paper must be fully IEEE Xplore compliant.
The use the IEEE PDF Xpress tool at http://www.pdf-express.org/ with the conference code 58140X is mandatory.
Note that to upload the Final Manuscript the following actions are required:
- Provide the Registration Code associated to each paper. You can find it in the email you will receive once the registration payment will be verified. Please note that the payment verification process may take up to one working day. To guarantee the inclusion of the paper in the conference final program, the paper registration process must be concluded by June 15, 2023. Each registration can be used to cover a maximum of two accepted papers. It is worth noting that only the papers presented at the conference will be included in the IEEE Xplore® database;
- Fill out the Copyright Form;
- Select the presenter among the paper authors.
Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements.
Authors will be enrolled in IEEE RFID-TA 2023 Best Paper and Student Paper Awards. A Special Issue of the IEEE Journal of RFID will promote the most important results presented at the conference.
Paper Submission Deadline: May 1, 2023
Notification of acceptance: May 30, 2023
Final Paper Submission: June 15, 2023